Owner /Manager /Funeral Director/ Embalmer
Mr. Darryl Dickerson is the Owner and Manager of Dickerson Mortuary LLC . He is a 1992 graduate of Burke High School and Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service. He was licensed by the state of South Carolina to practice funeral directing and embalming since 1995. Darryl's love and dedication to his craft has resulted in 26 years of excellent service in the funeral industry.
He was employed as an apprentice at Harleston –Boags Funeral Home from 1987-2005; Chief Embalmer and Licensed Funeral Director at Fielding Home For Funeral from 1995- 2002 and the Assistant Manager ,Licensed Funeral Director, and Embalmer at W.M.Smith –McNeal funeral Home Inc from 2003-2008. Being able to lessen the burden on families during their most difficult time is his main objective; hence the motto “Where Service is the Key” is perfect for his business. He wrote that motto in 1992 while he sat in a classroom in mortuary school.He also is a member of The New Holmes Street Baptist Church. Charleston SC where he serve as Chairman of the trustee board.
He always tell students and future entrepreneurs, " Don't learn your craft, master your craft, 'cause it's GOD's gift to you."
Honors , accomplishments and affiliations during his career as follows;
- Board member of South Carolina State Board Of Funeral Service
- Past Vice President of the South Carolina Morticians Association
- 2016 Professional of the year for District One South Carolina Morticians Association
- 2015 Professional of the year for District One South Carolina Morticians Association
- 2007 Professional of the year for District One, South Carolina Mortician Association
- District One Governor for S.C. Mortician Association 2006-2009
- Member of the National Funeral Directors and Morticians Association
- Secretary for the Epsilion Nu Delta Fraternity (Embalmers Only) since 2003
- Past Embalming Preceptor for Piedmont Technical College Greenwood SC
- Member of Pi Sigma Eta Mortuary Fraternity Atlanta GA
- Past Master of Eastern Light Lodge #259 F&AM Charleston, SC
- 32nd degree Mason George Washington Carver Consistory #162 Charleston, SC
- Member of Arabian Temple #139 order of the Mystic Shrine Charleston, SC.
- Member of Sunsetter Elks Lodge1515
- Member of The South Carolina Chamber of Comerence
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority 2012 Community Service Award